Terms of Services
Our commitment to our clients
- All treatments provided by Vanessa Searle and Soukya H&WB will last for the specified duration purchased. i.e. a 60-minute treatment will last 60 minutes.
- All clients must complete a consultation form prior to treatment and will receive up to 30 minutes of consultation included within the session.
- Treatments will only be conducted if Vanessa Searle at Soukya H&WB deems the treatment safe for the client to receive
- GP/Consultant permission may be required before treatments can be provided, especially in cases where a mental health condition has been diagnosed.
- Vanessa Searle and Soukya H&WB has the right to terminate a treatment immediately if the client demonstrates inappropriate or sexual behaviour
- Payment will be collected for the full treatment price, provided more than 10 minutes has been spent with the client
- If the therapist is unable to collect money before leaving, an invoice will be sent to the client’s email address
- All invoices must be paid within 7 days of issue date
** Please read the terms and conditions and missed appointment information below.
Cancellations, Rescheduling & Missed Appointments
- We understand that sometimes ‘life happens’. We also believe that courtesy is a virtue! Please give us at least 24 hours notice if you are going to cancel, reschedule or miss your appointment and we will do our best to accommodate you. However, please note that in most cases, 24-hour advance notice is required when cancelling or rescheduling an appointment. This allows the opportunity for someone else to avail themselves of our services. In the event that you do not give us 24-hours advance notice of a cancellation, reschedule or missed appointment, you will be charged 50% of the total appointment fee.
- This policy also applies to appointments scheduled to be paid with a gift certificate, and pre-paid packages.
- Please be aware if you cancel or want to reschedule, there may be a considerable wait time until a new appointment becomes available.
- A booking is confirmed once Vanessa Searle and Soukya H&WB and the client have both agreed on a date, time, and duration of a treatment
- If a cancellation is made more than 24 hours before a treatment, the client will not be charged
- If a cancellation is made within 24 hours of the treatment, they will be expected to pay a cancellation fee of $50 for each hour cancelled. An invoice will be sent.
- This cancellation fee may be waived at Vanessa Searle and Soukya H&WB discretion.
- The cancellation fee must be paid within 7 days of the cancellation
- Vanessa Searle and Soukya H&WB has the right to cancel a treatment by giving 24 hours notice
- Vanessa Searle and Soukya H&WB has the right to cancel a treatment without notice if the room or environment is unsuitable for the treatment to be provided, or if she has taken ill
- Vanessa Searle and Soukya H&WB has the right to cancel a treatment without notice if the client is intoxicated or inebriated
- Vanessa Searle and Soukya H&WB commits to rearranging treatments to a new time and date within two weeks of the cancelled treatment where possible
- Vouchers can be used as payment towards any available, advertised treatments
- Vouchers are only valid for one use
- If the whole amount of the voucher is not used, the remaining amount will stay on the client’s account and can be used up to and within 12months of the issuing date of issue.
- Vouchers are only valid up to and including the expiry date
- Refunds are not available for vouchers already paid for and provided
- Feedback forms will be sent to clients at Vanessa Searle and Soukya H&WB discretion
- Content may be used in publicity material and on the website, with the permission of the author
- Website content will be authorised and managed at Vanessa Searle and Soukya H&WB discretion, including testimonials
- Vanessa Searle and Soukya H&WB accepts payment in cash, by EFTPOS, or credit card and Ezypay payments for packages and programs
- Invoices will be sent to clients who cancel, treatments
- Invoices must be paid within 7 days of the issue date
- Client treatment details will not be discussed with anyone other than the client unless the client is under the age of 18 or has a care worker or guardian
- Consultations will only be discussed with the client unless the client is under the age of 18 or has a care worker or guardian
- Consultation Forms and treatment notes will be kept on file, securely by Vanessa Searle and Soukya H&WB
- All clients must complete a consultation form prior to receiving Vanessa Searle and Soukya H&WB treatments
- By signing the consultation form, clients are giving Vanessa Searle and Soukya H&WB permission to hold records and data about them
- Personal information will not be shared with any third parties
- Clients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- The adult must give permission for the treatment to be performed
- The adult must co-sign the client’s consultation form
- The adult must be present in the room throughout the treatment
- If a client wishes to make a complaint about SOUKYA Health & Well Being, this must be emailed to the address email@example.com
- Complaints must include the date and location of the incident, the full name of the complainant, details of the complaint and a desired outcome following the complaint
- All complaints will be taken very seriously and a response will be provided within 28 days
Insurance and Ethics
- Vanessa Searle and Soukya H&WB are registered with AIK, M&M, BBRS.
- Vanessa Searle and Soukya H&WB abide by the code of ethics provided by AIK, M&M, and BBRS.
- Vanessa Searle and Soukya H&WB is fully insured by AON Insurance Services
As per the guidelines of the Australian Institute of Kinesiologists Ltd (AIK Ltd), an energy psychology/medicine practitioner will operate in accordance with ACEP’s values and ethics, will:
- Conduct ourselves ethically and professionally at all times.
- Render our professional services in accordance with holistic principles for the benefit and wellbeing of clients.
- Do no harm to the client in accordance with the Hippocratic Oath.
- Ensure the client understands the purpose, process, and boundaries of the Kinesiology relationship.
- Do not offer or state that as a Kinesiologist you can cure or heal your client.
- Do not challenge or object a client’s decision for any other medical treatment.
- Offer a promise of confidentiality and explain the limits of duty of care.
- For the purpose of advocacy, receive written permission from the client before divulging any information or contacting other parties’ eg inter-professional relationship/referral.
- Respect an individual’s autonomy, needs, values, culture and vulnerability in the provision of Kinesiology treatment.
- Not make claims to cure certain serious illnesses.
- Accept the rights of individuals and encourage them to make informed choices in relation to their healthcare, and support clients in their search for solutions to their health problems.
- Recognise our limitations and the competence of other healthcare professionals, and when appropriate, recommend that additional opinions and services be sought.
- Treat all clients with respect, and do not engage in any form of exploitation for personal advantage whether financial, physical, sexual, emotional, religious or for any other reason.
- Have a commitment to continuing professional education to maintain and improve our professional knowledge and accountability, skills and attitudes through Continuing Professional Education, be it courses, seminars, conferences, books or further clinical training updates.
- Not act as or practice legal counsel on behalf of or to a client when practicing as a Kinesiologist or act as an agent for a client.
- Not initiate, develop or pursue a relationship, be it sexual or non-sexual, with past or current clients, within three (3) years of the last Kinesiology session.
- Consider the need for professional indemnity insurance and when appropriate take out and maintain adequate cover.
- Display qualifications of relevance for the viewing of the client to validate what service is being offered.
- Be committed to these ethics and recognise that procedures for withdrawal of Membership will be implemented for breaches.
- Treat you in a responsible, respectful and kind manner
- Address any sensitive and potentially shame-laden issues with tact and respect
- Be attentive to, and honor, your own boundaries and those of the professional context
- Respect your autonomy, facilitating your freedom of choice concerning your engagement in any aspect of Energy Psychology
- Respect your own beliefs, culture, and tradition
- Provide information and seek your permission before engaging in any energy-based procedure with you
- Encourage you to explore conventional medical opinion and interventions for any physical condition
- Be clear from the beginning regarding the fee, and will discuss what level of fee is realistic for your circumstances as appropriate
If you ever become aware of potential ‘red flag’ areas you have a number of options that include the following: You can: 1) raise your concern with the practitioner; 2) elect to discontinue engaging with the practitioner; 3) if the practitioner is an AIK or BBRS member, contact either of the Ethics Committee and know that the matter will be considered.